After the success of my V2 Profile I felt I could go even faster with little impact to quality. I started from the V2, checked out some of Chep’s profiles and some other 3rd party profiles, made WAY to many test prints and ended up with something I am really proud of.
Key Changes over Stock Cura Profiles
- 140 mm/s base print speed (You may be able to push to 150 mm/s if you have upgraded your Ender
- Dialed back travel speed. I did a bunch of tests, the Ender 3 S1 with it’s heavy extruder and bed really can’t handle anything faster without Input Shaping (a project for a future day)
- Modest Jerk control – This really increases the print speed but is “violent” for the printer. If you find your corners are getting sloppy let me know and disable the setting. I have found on my Ender 3 S1 it works fine with my printer on a piece of old tile, on top of some foam insulation. It dampens the motions enough
- Changes to infill to be more like interior support than structure. If you are printing something that is gonna get hard use swap it to cubic.
- More wispy stringing
- Some lost details on really small towers if you don’t have enough cooling
Overall this profile maintains really good .2 layer height quality with really fast printer speed. It takes a really dialed-in printer, Bed Trammed, Leveled, and Cleaned. Properly adjusted eccentric nuts, squared gantry, etc.
If you find this too fast for you dial it back to 120 or 100 and you should still get some great results.
Some comparisons from other profiles, screen shots from Cura
90 minutes savings from CHEP‘s good profile -(His does print better though, not by much, but def better), 45 minutes savings from my V2 profile
- New V3 Profile, 3 hours 48 minutes
- Existing V2 Profile 4 hours, 25 minutes
- CHEP FF5.1 Good Profile, 5 hours 24 minutes
Chep Good Profile
Full Profile in YAML format
version = 4 name = DrkPxl_Experimental V3.1 definition = creality_base [metadata] type = quality_changes quality_type = standard setting_version = 20 [values] adhesion_type = none arcwelder_allow_dynamic_precision = True arcwelder_allow_travel_arcs = True arcwelder_enable = True arcwelder_g90_influences_extruder = True jerk_enabled = True layer_height = 0.2 layer_height_0 = 0.16 material_bed_temperature = 55 material_bed_temperature_layer_0 = 60 print_sequence = all_at_once retraction_combing = noskin speed_slowdown_layers = 2 support_enable = False support_type = buildplate version = 4 name = DrkPxl_Experimental V3.1 definition = creality_base [metadata] type = quality_changes quality_type = standard intent_category = default position = 0 setting_version = 20 [values] acceleration_print = 2000 bottom_layers = 4 bottom_thickness = =top_bottom_thickness brim_line_count = 12 brim_outside_only = True brim_width = 20 coasting_enable = True connect_skin_polygons = True cool_fan_full_layer = 4 cool_fan_speed = 100 cool_fan_speed_0 = 0 cool_fan_speed_max = =cool_fan_speed infill_enable_travel_optimization = True infill_line_distance = =0 if infill_sparse_density == 0 else (infill_line_width * 100) / infill_sparse_density * (2 if infill_pattern == 'grid' else (3 if infill_pattern == 'triangles' or infill_pattern == 'trihexagon' or infill_pattern == 'cubic' or infill_pattern == 'cubicsubdiv' else (2 if infill_pattern == 'tetrahedral' or infill_pattern == 'quarter_cubic' else (1 if infill_pattern == 'cross' or infill_pattern == 'cross_3d' else (1.6 if infill_pattern == 'lightning' else 1))))) infill_pattern = lightning infill_sparse_density = 10 infill_support_enabled = False initial_bottom_layers = =bottom_layers initial_layer_line_width_factor = 120 inset_direction = outside_in jerk_print = 12 line_width = 0.45 material_final_print_temperature = =material_print_temperature material_initial_print_temperature = =material_print_temperature material_print_temperature = 205 material_print_temperature_layer_0 = 215 min_infill_area = 1 raft_margin = 5 raft_speed = 55 retraction_speed = 50 skin_monotonic = True skin_overlap = 25 speed_infill = =speed_print speed_layer_0 = 25 speed_print = 150 speed_travel = 150 speed_travel_layer_0 = =100 if speed_layer_0 < 20 else 150 if speed_layer_0 > 30 else speed_layer_0 * 5 speed_wall_0 = =speed_wall speed_wall_x = =speed_wall support_angle = 60 support_infill_rate = 5 support_pattern = lines top_bottom_pattern = lines top_bottom_pattern_0 = lines top_bottom_thickness = 1 top_layers = 4 wall_line_count = 2 wall_line_width = =line_width wall_transition_length = 0.42 z_seam_type = sharpest_corner zig_zaggify_infill = True